Monday, October 15, 2007

Kyoto

No more host families, no more meetings, no more visits, we are now on our own and can be real tourists. I am now in Kyoto. Took the bullet train this morning, and 4 hours later arrived in Kyoto. I am staying in those traditional little place where you sleep on the floor and have a nice lady bring you tea after opening the paper sliding door and taking shoes off.
The city seems great. I have to say that I am a little tired but walked all over the corner of Gion where I saw Geishas walking with little steps going somewhere secret probably.
I am now very used to Japanese food and don't even crave French or American food so much.
The city of Kyoto is very much of a faster pace from the last village we stayed in, where there was no internet connection (no blog for a week).
________________
Plus de familles d'accueil, plus de reunions, plus de visites guidees, nous sommes maintenant libres de faire les vrais touristes.
Je suis maintenant a Kyoto, j'ai pris le TGV ce matin est suis arrivee 4 heures plus tard a Kyoto. Je suis avec Sarah dans un Ryokan (ces chambres d'hotes traditionelles ou tu dors par terre sur un futon et une dame gentille ouvre ta porte coulissante en papier pour t'apporter du the, apres avoir enleve ses chaussures). La ville a l'air super. Je dois avouer que je suis un peu fatiguee car j'ai marche partout dans le quartier de Gion ou j'ai vu des Geishas marcher a petits pas allant surement a des endroit bien secrets.
Je suis maintenant bien accomodee a la nourriture Japonaise et la bouffe Francaise ou Anericaine ne me manque pas de trop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cecile! Look at you working hard out in the field! I got your message today and I have all your info for your arrival! I will be there and if I can't I'll pass along the info to Silvia or Robin! Happy traveling! xoxo meredith