Friday, August 24, 2007

Disco Night for my Birthday.

We celebrated my birthday for the past 2 days. Dinner at Silvia's with Robin cooking wonderful french food, tons of amuse-bouche, Duck breast with sauteed potatoes and frisee salad with roasted figs, then we had a beautiful cheese platter and the wine was awesome. (Silvia and Robin are both in the wine business). Thank you very much Silvia and Robin.
And last night we went disco dancing and that was fun. Chris enjoyed very much the part where the good looking 70 year old man, still dressed like if he was in the year 1978, invited me for a dance. I turned my head and saw my husband busting out laughing. My girlfriends reassured me, telling me it was a good compliment to be invited for a dance by a gentleman. (Whatever...)

Cecile, Jessica and Jenny doing the "Disco finger pointing"
Cec, Jess and Jen faisant le "Le fameux Disco pointe du doigt"

Nous avons celebre mon anniversaire ces derniers jours. Le dinner francais chez Silvia et Robin etait super, avec des magrets de canard, petites patates sautees et une salade frisee avec des figues roties; et puis le plateau de fromage etait delicieux, ainsi que le vin. (Silvia et Robin sont tous les deux dans le business du vin). Merci beaucoup Silvia et Robin.
Et puis hier soir nous somme alles dancer "disco". Chris a beaucoup aime le moment ou le bel homme d'environ 70 ans habille comme si on etait encore en 1978, m'a invite a danser. J'ai tourne la tete et j'ai vu Chris eclate de rire se foutant de ma tete. Mes copines ont essayer de me rassurer en me disant que c'etait un bon compliment de se faire inviter par un gentilhomme a danser. (ye ye... cause toujours.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He wasn't 70...65 at the most. That should make you feel better :)

A Frog In Az said...

As I said Jessica... Whatever...
I just preferred dancing with you. Or maybe I would have said yes to Ricardo Montoban, Now, THAT would have been cool.
Hey, I wanted to tell you that I thought that little "French" Music Video on your blog is hilarious. I don't know who's making fun of who, the French of the Americans? Or the Americans of the French? Or the Americans of themselves? But it's cool.

Cecile

Anonymous said...

Bon j'ai pas pu regarder les vidéos (tristesse) mais je te souhaite un JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE.

Gros Bisous

Lisou